With Autumn and Winter just around the corner, why not make the most of the dark evenings and
- Knit our gingerbread cuties (pattern here)
- Organise a quiz night for friends and family
- Arrange a Christmas Jumper day at work
Top tips and advice on planning your own activity
Have you ever thought of organising your own fundraising event? Take a look at our tips below.
- Have fun – and choose a fundraising event that you will enjoy. If you’re having a good time people are more likely to join in.
- Keep it simple – The best fundraising projects are the simplest. Be realistic and cost out your event carefully. Keep a checklist so you know what needs to be done along the way.
- Keep it legal – Keep in contact with us to ensure everything you are doing is legal.
- Do your sums – Make sure you keep an accurate report of all financial transactions you make for your event. If possible use a separate bank account to cash money and please don’t send cash in the post.
- Why are you helping us? – If you have a personal reason for supporting the Therapy Centre share it with potential supporters and share it across social media to generate interest.
- Choose your date carefully – Be aware of major sporting events, other local events and school holidays and work around them.
- Tell us about it – We’d love to hear what you’re planning and can jazz up your event with posters, balloons and materials to help make it even more of a success.
- Tell others about it – Tell your friends, family and work colleagues about what you’re up to and let your local paper and radio station know.
- Thank everyone – Let people know how grateful we are for their support and when you know how much you have raised, tell them so they know what a valuable contribution they have made.
If you need help with ideas or what needs to be done contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8660 1181
Donations are really important to the continued running of the Ryan MS Therapy Centre, particularly as we receive no government funding.